Each Christmas we have now single Airmen over for dinner. Being abroad, your coworkers and mates shortly develop into your loved ones. We love this custom and each Christmas we have now a ‘Theme’ dinner. We all the time have a standard Thanksgiving dinner, so for Christmas we like to alter it up a bit of. We have had ‘Felize Navidad’, ‘Italian Feast’, and ‘Consolation Meals’ themes.
We have had an ‘Italian Feast’ Christmas dinner twice out of the 4 years we have been stationed in Germany, because of excessive demand:) Individuals cherished it and it is tremendous straightforward…Pasta feeds numerous folks simply. Being married to a 1/2 Italian, means I used to be blessed with having the ability to attain out to his nice aunt for recipes on well-known sauce, meatballs, and cannoli secrets and techniques. However, I’ll share with you my very own Gnocchi recipe. I served this our first ‘Italian Feast’ and it was passed the primary spherical of the buffet line. So, I made loads of it the second time I served it.
Here’s what you will want:
One bag of Gnocchi
Italian sausage hyperlinks
One bag of Spinach
2-Four Garlic cloves, minced (roughly relying in your style)
1 Can of Italian stewed diced tomatoes
Shredded Parmesan cheese
*In case you are feeding a big get together, then I might undoubtedly double the elements. This quantity will serve 6-Eight folks.
1) Boil water in a medium pot
2) Whilst you await the water to boil, prepare dinner the Italian sausages in keeping with the package deal instructions (I brown the sausages on all sides in a pan on the range prime, then I add some water and canopy the pan to complete cooking them means of).
3) Mince 2 cloves of garlic and sauté the garlic in a pan with additional virgin olive oil (watch out to not overcook. Garlic burns shortly).
5) At this level your water must be boiling. Add the gnocchi to the boiling water. Stir. The gnocchi doesn’t take lengthy to prepare dinner. Preserve the water at a roiling boil with the gnocchi in it. As soon as the gnocchi begins to drift to the highest of the pot, that signifies they’re finished cooking.
|See the gnocchi floating=finished|
6) When the gnocchi is completed, drain it (similar to you’ll do pasta noodles).
Put the gnocchi in a big mixing bowl, add the sautéed spinach/garlic
Add the Italian sausage that you’ve got sliced up as soon as completed cooking
Add the shredded Parmesan cheese (as a lot as you want)
Add the can of diced Italian stewed tomatoes, juice and all.
The steam and heat from the gnocchi will soften the Parmesan cheese and heat up the diced tomatoes.
Toss all of it collectively and serve.
|Preparing for some Pictionary!|